The weekly catch up #1

The weekly catch up #1

A week in my life, condensed into one post

26th June- 2nd July

Here we are, my first weekly catch up, an ongoing series on my blog where I will write about the week I've had, how events have affected my mental state and what I hope to get done in the next week. It was Captain Li Shang that said "let's get down to business", and I suppose I'd better listen to the captain and get on with it.

Monday-now Monday was my first proper day of my summer holidays seeing as I had my last A-level exam the Friday before (insert me doing a happy dance here) but it also made me feel a little anxious. You see, I like to have a structure and routine in my life to keep my anxiety under control so I don't have any nasty surprises, but I didn't have the timetable structure of college anymore to do that and I don't start University until September. So...what do I do for those few months? A part of me really wanted to challenge myself and see how I am without a routine but the rest of e told that part of me to shut up and  I got to making myself a "semi-routine" for the weeks. I call it a "semi-routine" because I have worked out what I'm going to do, but not the specifics. For example, I know that during the afternoons I'm going to be playing on my PS2, but I don't know what game it will be. To some of you, this may seem a little daft but I'd like you to please remember, all of those with mental health problems be it depression, anxiety or something else have our own way of dealing and coping; this just happens to be mine. 

Tuesday-Not too much happened on Tuesday. As I do every Tuesday I went over to my boyfriends,  and now that we've been together for 3 years this September we find that our idea of a good time is staying in and playing video games (I know, #relationship goals). There was, however, a slight hiccup should I say in the evening to do with me playing on my PS2 when I got home that night and my day, something you can read about here which just happened to also be my very first post on this blog.

Wednesday & Thursday- I'm putting Wednesday and Thursday together for the sole reason that not an awful lot happened on these to days. This was when my anxiety was taken over by my depression and I simply didn't have the motivation in me to get up to do anything other than to get food, go to the toilet and get my laptop to watch YouTube. I'm lucky that I'm not at college anymore so I didn't have to get any work done, but I've had it happen to me in the past before and it's the worst feeling sometimes. I'm hoping to do a post soon about how mental health problems can cause struggles when it comes to education so be sure to look out for that!!

Friday- Every Friday I go over to my boyfriend's house and I stay Friday and Saturday night; this weekend wasn't any different. I spent most of my day finishing the game "Life is Strange" on the PS4 and I was surprised by just how much the game connected with me and showed me what I thought was a good representation of my depression and anxiety. Let me know in the comments below if you'd like a post all about this (to be honest, I'll probably do it anyway as I have so much to say on the topic).

Saturday- I didn't do much on Saturday either but after waking up I did have to walk to Tesco which luckily is only a 5-minute walk down the road. I wasn't expecting me to nearly have a panic attack though. As I was walking down, I realised that right next to the supermarket there was a carnival, which meant one thing; a very large crowd. One of my main triggers when it comes to my anxiety is not only not having a routine but also being in a large crowd. My anxiety makes me feel like all eyes are always on me and judging me even though it is very unlikely they are but it's a feeling that I can never shake off. But I went through with what I was doing, took 2 puffs on my asthma inhaler to control my breathing and ran in to get what I needed and ran back out (paying in the process, of course, the first thing my boyfriend asked me when I got back lol). This was probably the proudest moment of the week, as although others ay see it as something small, those with anxiety can see something like this as a huge achievement. 

Sunday- My mum had to go into hospital to have a very minor eye surgery, so minor in fact that she was in and out within 3 hours (go NHS). It was to have a cyst that she's had for the past 6-7 months in her eyelid removed. I'm happy to say everything went smoothly and know that she has to wear a patch over her eye for the next 24 hours, we're having a bit of fun with it. The most important decision still to be made is; do we stick a googly eye onto it or do we just draw on an eye, what do you think. 

So that was my week, be sure to let me know in the comments what you thought and any topics you'd like me to make a post on. I have quite a busy and demanding week this week so get ready for another weekly catch up. Don't forget to make sure to follow and get email notifications so that you're sure to see my next post. 

Stay happy, stay healthy, from Abbie xx


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment, it's mce to know that I'm helping people :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The things no one tells you about depression and anxiety

When you feel like you're wearing a mask...

So I've been put on bed rest by my doctor...